Friday, April 30, 2010

Blue floral blouse, ruffled at front




I bought this fabric from a local fabric store. The sales girl in the store told me this is Japanese cotton, but I guess it is not 100 % cotton .Most properly it is just cotton mixed fabric.

I like blue colour especially light blue.This colour always makes me feel calm and happy. To me light blue implies crystal blue sky and sunny day. Just like these few months in my country, almost every day is a sunny day. Every morning, birds singing happily on my jackfruit tree. Next to my garden is my kitchen , me too, singing happily while kneading my dough to make wholemeal bread ,or busy preparing Chinese dishes for my hubby……..oh ! I enjoy cooking and baking besides sewing.I am just a little woman who is easily satisfied with my simple life.

Floral print with blue background . I love the colour and the flowers .I used this fabric to made this feminine blouse , ruffled at front. The fabric is soft and very comfy to wear .

I love this pattern and thinking of making another similar one , longer than this but using plain or floral linen or cotton fabric. Well, another project in my list. When will it be done ? I am not sure, may be soon or may be in June since I will have two weeks holidays in June . Most properly I want to stay at home do my sewing projects in my coming holidays. My hubby will not be happy to hear this because he loves to travel. When I was young, I travelled together with him to China for quite a number of times. We had been to Beijing(北京) , Shanghai (上海), Yangtze River(长江), HuangShan(黄山) , YunNan(云南) , ZhangJiaJie (张家界), DaLi(大理) , LiJiang(丽江), and etc. Many years ago, we went to Hong Kong too. Two of us, walking up and down on the streets and love eating the Hong Kong famous noodles (YunTun Mee).I would not forget our honeymoon at Beautiful Lake Toba in Indonesia too. Those are sweet memories of our past.

To tell the truth, I do not really like travelling nowadays. I do not know why. I prefer to stay at home, peacefully and happily, doing things that I always enjoy. I hate travelling on plane, waiting for check in, waiting for…. , wasting a lot of time ! May be I will go to Singapore in my coming holidays. The journey from my place to Singapore , either by bus or by train only takes a few hours . Singapore is a wonderful country, furthermore it has been quite a number of years we have not visit our cousins there.

2 comments:

  1. I love this blouse! I love everything about it, the colors, the soft look, and esp the ruffles add the feminine touch. You're really a talented sewist, PY!!

    And I enjoyed reading about you and your hubby's previous trips to various locations. I wish I could visit Asian countries with my hubby, too! I'd like to try all sorts of good food over there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amy. I am not talented. It is just my interest in sewing makes me try my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete