Sunday, July 25, 2010

Purple flower coin purse

Yesterday we did not have cocuriculum activities in school .  I spent the whole day on cleaning up my home, cooking and watching an old Japanese drama " Love Generation ". The drama was acted by Kimura Takuya( 木村拓哉) and Matsu Takako (松たか子 ) . Fun to watch !

Today  morning I continued watching the drama. In the afternoon, I sat down cutting square patches from my fabric scraps . I found some cotton fabrics scraps  from sewing this  little dress. I looked at the beautiful purple flowers and an idea  crossed my mind. I wanted to use them for sewing  a little purse. So that is how it came about.


The other side of the purse

This  little zipper purse  measuring approximately 2  3/4" x 4 " . The inner lining purple  fabric is 100 % cotton too.

I will  give this little purse  to a  lovely hardworking  Malay girl tomorrow . She  scored A+ for her Mathematics in the school mid- year examination and I promised to give her a special gift. Her favourite colour is purple and I hope she will love this little  purse. It will be great for her  to carry some coins or small notes. It is also small  enough  for her to put inside her pocket.

Thanks for reading. I  hope you have a great weekend !

2 comments:

  1. te lo dije, el patcwork es adictivo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, PY :) I love the purple flowers and the zigzag stitch you used. I'm sure you will make the lucky (& genious) girl so happy!

    BTW I've seen this Japanese drama more than 10+ years ago, too! (Boy, I was young back then...!) And it was fun to see familiar Japanese actors' names on your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete